Monday, November 21, 2011

Kinley is 2 months old!

Kinley -

Another month has flown by and now you're already 2 months old!  I can't believe how much you've grown in the past 4 weeks.  You just look like such a big girl now and not as much like a wrinkly newborn.  : )  You are smiling all the time now when we talk to you and you coo back at us.  I'm convinced that you know what we're saying and that you're talking back to us! Your daddy and I are so in love with your smiles and can't wait until you start giggling, too!  
I should actually say your daddy & I, plus your g-pa's, g-ma's, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are so in love and utterly obsessed with you!  We've already labeled Grandma Diane as the "baby hog" because she's quick to snatch you up anytime you're around.  BUT that's a good nickname to have!  You are so loved by so many people and I thank god for that every day.  We definitely don't have a shortage of babysitters!
Our little turkey, ready for Thanksgiving - Gobble!
We're still trying to figure out who you look like - I think you're a good mix of both of us.  Some days I think you look like my baby pictures and other days I think you look more like a Tucker baby.  Your hair still looks red in some lights so I'm anxious to see what color it will turn out to be and your eyes look like they'll stay blue!
Swingin'
Much to our relief, you have grown to like your swing.  You've taken some solid naps in it and we usually have to wake you up to eat, otherwise you might sleep the day away!  You also still love bath time except when we get you out and you get cold = tears!  You aren't a big fan of tummy time but we still make you do it.  You would much rather be held so you can see the world as we walk around.
Silly face at the doctor's office
You've transitioned to 0-3 month & 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  It seems like you're growing every day and it's fun to discover new rolls forming on your pudgy body!  
Serious face:  Do I really have to get shots??
We had your 2 month check up on the 21st and you weighed 11 pounds 5 ounces and were 22.5 inches long.  That put you 47-49th percentiles for height & weight so you're still right in the middle!  You also got 3 shots, boooo!  Daddy came along for moral support since mommy doesn't like shots or to see you cry and that helped a lot.  I made the mistake of scheduling my Dr. appointment that afternoon so I left a pretty fussy baby with Aunt Sue, oops!
Such a sweet sleeper
Our favorite songs to sing include:  Twinkle, Twinkle, Take Me Out to the Ballgame (from when the Cards were playing), and some crazy song grandma knows called "Mares Eat Oats" which sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me, haha!
Happy 2 month birthday, Kinley!

No comments:

Post a Comment