Monday, September 17, 2012

Play Dates

I feel like I've been SO bad at blogging lately!  To me, blogging is one of those things that I kind of dread because it takes a little while but LOVE when it's done and up to date.  Kind of like cleaning - awful to think about but once it's done I'm in heaven...
 
Anyway, I need to do a Puerto Rico post and maybe an August recap but then I should be caught up.  Can you guess why I've been so busy!?  If you guessed that preparing for a certain little girls 1st birthday party was taking over my life, then you're correct!
 
Random rambling over...on to play dates!
 
My cousin Ryan & his wife Kari brought their 3 kids down for a visit to the state fair in August so we met for a play date at Southwind Park.  My cousin Ian, his wife Stephanie and little baby kate came, too!
Playing in the tree house

Ian, Steph, Kate & Eddie
I didn't get a picture of Kari's family, dangit!  We had a really fun time catching up and hope to make it a yearly visit!
 
We went to my cousin Amanda's house to play with Ava one weekend.  Ava is walking so she plowed Kinley over a few times, oops!  I was hoping that it would make Kinley want to walk but it doesn't seem to have helped, oh well... 
This is the only picture that I got of those two - a booty shot!  They definitely aren't at the age where they play together and share but it will be fun to watch them grow & learn to play.
 
That Sunday we went to my friend Emily's house to play with Mackenzie.  Emily used to work in my office so we were pregnant together last year.  Mackenzie is about 4 months older than Kinley but a head taller!  We have some catching up to do!

Mckenzie was napping when we arrived so Kinley helped herself to her toys.
 
Kenzie was really good at sharing with Kinley and giving hugs - it was so sweet!
 
Here's Kinley eating, I mean kissing the baby doll.
Emily made us a great lunch and the girls had lots of fun!

 
Scott went golfing one Saturday morning with Matt so Julie and I decided to take the kiddos to the park.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but Clayton and Kinley already have an arranged marriage, much to Scott's dismay.  ;)
We took a walk in the stroller and played up in the treehouse.
 
That evening we went to their house for a cookout.  Kinley loved Clay's power wheels!  I have a video of her "driving it" but I need to get it off Scott's phone, it's hilarious!
She thought she was big stuff!
She's very busy if you haven't noticed.  Multi-tasking at 11 months old...
 
I absolutely love watching Kinley interact with kids that are her age so I'm sure we'll have lots of playdates in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment