Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bump Watch 2013: Week 38

I've officially made it - I'm ready to pop.  I get sympathy looks, questions about when I'm due, and I must remember to start every phone call with "no I'm not in labor."  This is the home stretch but life has only gotten crazier during the past few weeks.  Now I'm hoping that baby will choose to come closer to my due date!

I had my 38 week appointment this morning and I'm still 50% effaced and a little over 1cm dilated but not enough to call me 2.  Boo!  It's time that I start walking again!
Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: 19.5 inches & 6.5-7 pounds, the size of a pumpkin!

Total weight gain/loss: 30ish pounds.
Maternity clothes: It's sad when your maternity clothes start getting too small...

Gender: It's a GIRL! I think we've agreed on a name but still finalizing the spelling.

Movement: She's running out of room in there so her movement has slowed down a little but she's still pretty active.

Sleep: Sleeping like a rock with minimal hip pain & acid reflux, yay!

What I miss: Being comfortable.
Cravings:  Sub sandwiches & sweets.

Symptoms: Lots of pelvic pressure/pain and occassional contractions but nothing consistent.
 
Memorable moment for the week: Two friends had their baby girls last week so that means I should be next!  It's all finally becoming real!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel as great as you look!!! it will be here so soon! Good Luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete