Friday, February 10, 2012

Beth's 26th Birthday

Beth turned 26 on January 6 so I roadtripped to STL to celebrate with my sister!  This was the rare occassion that I make an exception and stay out way too late and regret it in the morning.  Kinley stayed home and had daddy time.
The gang at dinner
We went to Rosalita's (a mexican place) for dinner and enjoyed margaritas and great food!  The margaritas were a little larger than we anticipated so we were feeling pretty good when we left.
Beth & Michael
Our first stop was Double D's, a kareoke bar by the Galleria.  I really wanted to go shopping but tried to stay focused on the birthday!  :)  We had a few beers, some shots, and learned the real words to a few songs.  Did anyone know that New York by Alicia Keyes said "concrete jungle" in it??  Nope, neither did we.  Oooh the things you'll learn at kareoke.  None of us were brave enough to get on stage though so we just enjoyed the performances.
The gang + 2 sweet doctors that they work with!
Super fun girls!
We went to a couple other bars and ended up at the Library which is next to SLU so there were tons of college kids there.  I'm pretty sure we went there a few years ago and got called old so I vowed to never go there again!  I think this is the 2nd time I've been there since then, ha!  It's close to Beth's apartment so it's usually our last stop on the way home.  I felt the need to show everyone that "I still got it" on the dance floor even though I'm a mom.  I'm sure the hubs would have been proud!  ; )
Sibs pic
We ended the adventure at 3am and I don't think I got to bed until 4.  This mama was up and ready to get home to my Kinley bear at 9.  I'm pretty sure that my brain just knows that I can't afford to have a hangover while taking care of a child because I felt fine all day!  Pre-mama Sarah would have laid on the couch all day eating popcycles. :)  "Mama Sarah" got home and played with my munchkin all day!

It definitely gets hard balancing being a new mom with still keeping your committment to family & friends.  I'm so glad that I took an evening off to celebrate with my sister and make lots of fun memories!  (but I was also really glad to return home to see my princess).


Happy Birthday, sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment