Saturday, February 18, 2012

Grandma Evelyn's 80th Birthday!

My Grandma Evelyn turned 80 on January 21st and all 7 of her kids flew in to celebrate!  We met up on Friday night at D'arcy's Pint for horseshoes - a must for any out of towner!  We stuck with salads since we can have a horseshoe anytime, plus I don't think my bathing suit would appreciate all of that cheese sauce! 

**Warning** picture overload!
Laura & Craig

Jake, his fiance' Kaylen, & Garrett from Texas

Phil's parents, Phil & Pam from Texas

Sophie, Aunt Patricia, Aunt Denise, & Uncle Mike x's 2

Uncle Mark, mom, Grandma, Aunt Rindie, Uncle Mark

Uncle Mike & Uncle Scott (representing Texas)
 
Cora, Scott, & me

Ashley & her sweet tooth ordered strawberry shortcake, yum!
I'm sure Presley enjoyed it in her belly, too.

After dinner we went back to my parents house to hang, have a few cocktails, and catch up.
Craig, Laura, & Andy

Mom, Kaylen, & Pam
 
Kinley eating her hands like always

We were up bright and early Saturday morning to surprise Grandma with manicures & pedicures for a relaxing birthday morning.  Almost all of her daughters, granddaughters, & great-granddaughters were able to go, it was so nice!  I think we were just missing Tami, Cheyenne, Priscilla, Lola, & Rachele. 
Cousins: Amanda, Alexa, Sophie, & Cora
Beth & Aunt P talking 'nurse'

LJ & Ava
GG, Ava, & Laura


After our morning at the spa, Grandma & her kids went to get family pictures taken.  It sounds like they had tons of fun, especially with the props!  I think it's awesome that all of her kids made it back to celebrate her birthday.
 Grandma & her kids
 The girls
 Not sure how they got the guys to agree to this!
"Lucky 7"

These 7 kids gave her 19 grandchildren & 7 (almost 8) great-grandchildren so far!  If you count our spouses like she does, that's 30 grandkids!  (I think my math is right...)
That night we went to Chesapeake Seafood House for a nice dinner.
Me & my babydoll
Family photo & yes, I admit, that I might
have slightly coordinated outfits ; )

Uncle Mike giving a toast & sharing fun stories about G-ma
Some of the young grandkids
Sophie, Alexa, Cade, Hadley, Sam, & Cole


The kids helping her blow out her candles!

Aunt Patricia made a slide show and set up a huge screen to play pictures of grandma throughout the night.  It was so fun to see the really old pictures and even some that were only 5-10 years old - we all looked so young!  We did our fair share of making fun of each others style choices back in the day - it was too easy!  Some of my grandmas friends came by after dinner to wish her a happy birthday and hang out.  I think she really enjoyed her special day.

On Sunday morning we tried to recreate our 'cousins' picture but we were missing quite a few and the kids weren't really having it.  Makes me laugh!
My Grandma has always been an amazing and very hard working woman and I can only hope to be half as great as she is! She raised 7 kids on the farm and a the younger ones basically by herself after my grandpa passed away, something I could never even imagine! Not only is she selfless and loving but she's also tech savvy - the family got her an iPad for Christmas! Always so hip. :)

I hope you had an amazing birthday that you'll never forget, Grandma (GG) - We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment