Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Birthday

I turned the big 2-8 on May 12 and it ended up being a very bittersweet and exhausting day.  Tom's funeral was that morning so that was tough enough.  We drove out to Fraase Farm for a beautiful service and enjoyed a great lunch afterward.  It was really nice to have so much family in town but we all wished that it was under different circumstances.

Kinley & cousin Olivia got to visit again - they were only a month or 2 old the last time!
I just love these two sweet faces!

Kinley was hamming it up for Papa Ron after we finished lunch...

After celebrating Tom's life I hurried into town to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Kate Messmore (my cousin Ian & Stephanie's baby).  Steph had an awesome turnout at her shower and got so many great gifts!
 
We also got to catch up with a few other new-ish mommies and show off our babydolls!  Unfortunately I wasn't really in a picture taking mood so I didn't get many photos that day.  :(

We stayed at the shower until 4:30 and I had planned to go to Osaka for a sushi and hibachi birthday dinner but forgot to make reservations so that was a no go.  I was so exhausted by that point that I didn't care what we did so my mom, Cora, & I made the executive decision to cook out at my house.

I was feeling pretty run down so I didn't get any pictures of me, but here are some cute ones of my 2 favorite people!
I was excited to cook out since this meant that I could throw on my comfy clothes and lay on the couch while other people cooked for me - score!  We had a great dinner with my family and neighbors and I was in bed by 10:30.  Serious party animal right here! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment