Monday, January 14, 2013

New Years Eve 2012

We decided to host the NYE party this year for the simple fact that I'm pregnant and wanted to be able to go to bed whenever I wanted.  (I think you get a pass when it comes to being a brat when you're preggo so I use it when I can).
 
We had fun celebrating the last day of 2012 with our peanut.  I mentioned to Scott that I wanted Kinley to stay & hang out for a while before I took her to my parents & he looked confused.  He thought that all the kids were coming over to celebrate, too, and looked a little bummed that they weren't.  I mean, seriously, how would we have got 4 kids under 4 years old to go to sleep while the parents partied?  Yeah.right.  But it was still really sweet that he wanted them there.  (Brownie points for daddy!)
 
'Miss Thang' really wanted to wear her sassy leopard dress that night to go to G-ma & G-pa's!


We took advantage of my DIY photo booth before we left.  She's already working on her model poses...or trying to rip her bow out.  ;)



We had a couple close friends over to celebrate the new year with lots of food, drinks, and games.  How cute is this "shrimp boat" that Julie brought?!  I found out that Scott's parents bought it as a wedding gift so now I'm jealous that we don't have one!



The girls hung out in the dining room and played cards (ie:  whatever drinking games we could remember from college) while blasting music from our phones.  The guys watched football and gambled - always up for something new...not!


And because these were SO good...

 

After the other ladies had a few drinks, we took our turn in the "photo booth."  I found some printables on Groop Dealz and knew they'd be a hit at the party!  That also meant that I had to make some kind of backdrop (Party City to the resuce!)  Ashley & Julie were the first up:
Jill, Jules, & Becca

Cheese!

We had a little too much fun and for some reason the guys didn't want to join...


Happy New Year!


We missed the NYC countdown but made sure to get our smooches at midnight!
 
A few of the gentlemen finally humored us and posed for a picture.
 
I actually made it until 2am when the party started winding down - only about 4 hours past my bedtime!  Even though we missed our babydoll, we had such a fun adult night with our friends!  Cheers to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment