Wednesday, August 14, 2013

May 2013

May was a very eventful Month so here's a quick recap:
 
Laiken loves her baths.
We had some major sissy cuddle time.
Kinley loved drawing with chalk at the old house.
 
Laiken's looks kept changing.

We tested out the double stroller.
Scott took both of the girls to Sue's for the first time so I could get some packing done.  I might have shed a tear but it was nice to be productive!
 We closed on our house May 1 and started moving around the 10th.  We had pizza parties and hung out in our empty house a lot!
 Andy, my dad, Cora, & Christie were great help when we painted the girls rooms!  I'll have to get a little room tour up sometime before the girls go to college...haha.
We also tackled the wallpaper in the kitchen which proved to be the worst job ever!  My mom, Cora, Aunt Rindie, Andy's soon to be mother-in-law, Rob, and even my grandma helped with the awful job and I'm SO thankful!  There were a few hack jobs and we learned a big lesson in wallpaper removal. :(
Laiken slept through most of this excitement.
She also started getting chubby cheeks!

 
 Our friends Ryan & Courtney got married and for the first time ever, I couldn't find a babysitter - that never happens!  I decided to take the girls with me to the reception and they did pretty well.  Scott's mom was so sweet to take the girls with her when she left so Scott & I could have some adult fun!  And these are the only pictures I got of that night...
Laiken stayed snuggled in her seat because it was still super windy and chilly outside.
 
We went to cheer on Scott at his annual hockey tournament!
Laiken took one of many trips to Lowe's with me.
and she kept growing...

We played a lot while we got settled into our new house.
Buddha belly baby!
We had more bath fun!
Towards the end of May it finally got nice enough to open our pool.
Learning how to open the pool and get the water clear was quite a process.  I never realized how much work really goes into maintaining a pool... 
 Kinley loved helping grandpa vacuum and playing in the pool
 I don't care that the water is ice cold!
Laiken took lots of trips with me during my maternity leave - this Walmart trip got interesting when we ran out of cart room!
And one last sweet angel picture of Laiken...
I'll stop here since, apparently, I took a lot of pictures in May!


No comments:

Post a Comment