Friday, August 2, 2013

Mothers & Fathers Day 2013

We hosted Mother's Day Brunch and my birthday at our new house.  We were barely moved in but we had lots of room for everyone to hang out.
We (my family) cooked a huge brunch and it was SO good!  We were super full but still had to make room for some birthday cake that afternoon.
Kinley loved everyone singing to me! :)
She's also becoming a pro at blowing out the candles.
She loved my card that sang a song.
We had lots of fun celebrating all of the wonderful mommies in my family.  I seriously feel SO lucky to be surrounded by such awesome role models. I don't know how my mom kept it together with 4 kids, I can barely handle 2!

And she helps me SO much, I don't know what I would do without her.  I hate to admit it because I feel like a slacker but she helps clean my house, shows me how to get stains out of clothes & catches up my laundry (yes I'm 29 & still need help with this, ha), helps me through my freak out sessions, and is the best grandma ever to my girls!  

My mother-in-law totally rocks, too!  We went to Scott's parents house that evening for dinner and I desperately wanted a family picture!  This, my friends, is real life:
I'm lookin' like a hot mess, no smile from Kinley, Laiken's ticked off, and Scott's pretty content.  HA!  Oh well, I don't expect much from pictures anymore, as long as everyone is in them.  

While I'm on the subject of awesome parents - my sis-in-laws (and BIL's) provide so much guidance for me that they probably don't even realize.  They've been through it all pretty recently so I remember many of the stories they've told and the advice they've given.  I think my nieces and nephews turned out pretty awesome so why I wouldn't I look up to them!?  And they're about as sweet and funny as they come!

While I'm feeling all lovey towards the mama's in the family, I might as well recap father's day, too!  We hung out at our pool for most of the day with my family to celebrate my dad.  I've always been a daddy's a girl and that hasn't changed a bit.  My mom claims that he carried me everywhere until I was 2 and I still remember him carrying me to bed from the couch when my feet were dragging the floor! haha, can we say spoiled?!  I love watching my girls fall in love with their grandpa, too!
We went to IBYC that night with Scott's fam and got some family pictures by the lake that turned out much better than my mother's day ones.
These girls already have him wrapped around their fingers!

Some of the girls hanging out with Laiken.
Scott's dad is also just about as sweet as they come.  I have always felt like I was part of their family since day one, 14 years ago.  He has the kindest heart and doesn't meet a stranger.
These girls are so lucky to have 2 awesome sets of grandparents!
And this guy - almost 14 years together and I love him more every day, well most days. ;)  He works so hard for us and would do anything for his girls.  He has a heart of gold and I'm sure nearly anyone he's ever met would agree.  We are SO lucky to have him as our hubby/daddy!

Even though you don't need special holidays to celebrate amazing mommies and daddies, it's still fun to take some time out to let them know how much they mean to you and how special they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment