Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 12


Weeks 8-12 were pretty uneventful as I still didn't have any signs of morning sickness & felt so lucky that the first trimester was going so well. That is, until I caught a 24 hour flu bug on March 7. I won't go into the details but I'll say that it was much more than morning sickness and kept me up all night. Since it's my first pregnancy, I of course got nervous & called my doctor to make sure the baby would be ok. She informed me that the baby will definitely get what it needs, but I'll be the one to go without if anyone - oh goodie :) I felt better after a few days and was right back on track just in time for St. Patrick's day. I offered to be the DD for the day & went downtown to enjoy the festivities. Many people were surprised to see me out but I thought, I'm pregnant, not dying, so I enjoyed the day. I hope to be able to attend many more events throughout my pregnancy including weddings, birthdays, and bachelorette parties because I don't want to miss out on these once in a lifetime events for my friends & families! :)


I forgot to mention in the last post that we told our friends, co-workers, & basically the world about our pregnancy the day after Valentine's day. My co-workers were suuuper excited that we now had 3 pregnant women in my office! There's definitely something in the water! Many of our close friends had suspected this for the past few weeks as I was staying away from the bar and not drinking when I did show up. That's a pretty obvious tip-off but I had some decent excuses to keep them on their toes :) Many of our friends seem to think that baby T is a boy...I guess time will tell.


This week I had my first pregnancy dream & the baby was a ...... girl! Who knows if there's any truth to the theory that whatever you dream it is, it turns out to be. I dreamt that I slept right through my whole labor & woke up when I was delivering so I was bummed that I missed the whole thing. Then, Scott & I couldn't decide on a name for the next 2 days and went home without one. HAHAHA! Can you guess what we did the next day? Gave our baby name list some more attention. :) To explain the next section: I'm going to start a weekly pregnancy highlight update so we can compare pictures, size, etc throughout the rest of the pregnancy.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 12 weeks

Size of baby: 2 inches, about the size of a plum

Total weight gain/loss: Gained .8 of a lb since last appointment

Maternity clothes: Haven't bought any yet, trying to wait as long as possible on this one!

Gender: We're still deciding if we want to find out...but leaning towards finding out :) I've guessed a boy for the first few weeks.

Movement: None yet

Sleep: Sleeping like a baby, getting up once to pee when I never use to

What I miss: Diet coke!

Cravings: Nothing specific yet

Symptoms: Just tired but that could be from working until 1 am throughout February.

Here's a pre-baby bump photo so we have a basis for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment