Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: We're Expecting!!

Just 3 months after we said "I do," Scott & I found out that we were expecting our first baby, due September 21, 2011. I took an at-home test Thursday January 13 because "I knew I wasn't pregnant" & I wanted to make sure I could have a few cocktails that weekend. After finishing dinner & a glass of wine I decided to "get it out of the way" and took the test. Much to my surprise it came back positive! I quickly tried to think of a cute way to tell Scott but I was in shock so I just walked out and presented him with the test. Of course I did anothe

r just to double check and it was positive, too. Scott was over-the-moon excited & I was stunned & just couldn't believe it. I don't know if other women do it or it's just me, but I didn't want to get too excited until after I heard the heartbeat & saw the baby - I think I was protecting myself just in case. I think I said "I can't believe it" a million times that night!
I went to work the next day with a huge secret & a big smile on my face! My 1st appointment wasn't for another month (at 8 weeks) and we wanted to wait to see the sonogram to tell anyone, even our families. This was probably the hardest secret we'll ever have to keep! I'm sharing a few pictures that we took that night to document the evening. Notice the dogs in every picture, they have no idea how their lives are about to change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment