Friday, April 29, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 18

Scott & I decided that we wanted to start looking at furniture for the nursery and other baby accessories for planning purposes so we ventured to Babies R Us on Friday evening.  Luckily we didn't encounter too many screaming babies - that usually ruins the fun for me, haha.  We found cute bedding & furniture but were very overwhelmed by the stroller, car seat, bouncy seat, activity mat and pack-n-play options.  Talk about decisions!  AND $$$, yikes!  We zoomed through the clothing section as we'll hopefully be back to buy either blue or pink next week!!!  (As long as he or she cooperates). 

On Monday my sisters & I went shopping & discovered that Babies R Us has a much better selection of baby stuff than Target <sad face>.  We did some baby "looking" because, believe it or not, we didn't buy anything!  The only thing we spent money on that day was food - Taste of Thai for lunch & Twist N Swirlz frozen yogurt after shopping.  We were being fat kids that day.  We can't wait to go shopping again and actually buy stuff for the prince or princess!!  One last note:  my pants are getting tighter by the day and I think I actually have the first hint of a baby bump finally!!  (I really just feel fat though). 
   


Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: 5.5 inches, the size of a sweet potato
Total weight gain/loss: I really didn't want to weigh myself after indulging at Easter but as of Monday I'm still around the same weight.  Definitely haven't gained more than 5 lbs all together.
Maternity clothes: Still held out all week!  I'm not sure if I'm lazy and don't want to make time to shop or if I just realllly don't want to.  I went to Target on Monday to get their Bella Band but they only had nude left & I wanted black or white.  Ok maybe next week! 
Gender: T-minus 8 days and counting!!
Movement: This one has frustrated me b/c I'm still not sure if I'm feeling air bubbles, having small muscle spasms, or baby.  I'm going to go ahead & say its baby :)
Sleep: Woke up about 3 times per night this week, that's no fun!  But I'm not uncomfortable yet, just have to pee a lot! haha
What I miss:  Being able to stay up to watch the Blackhawks games that start at 9pm!  I think I've stayed up until 11:30 for one & that was enough.  I also miss being able to take allergy medicine because mine are really bothering me! 
Cravings:  Centrum Cafe's white chocolate frozen custard, its sooo good!  I buy a concrete every so often and snack on it for a few days - heaven :)
Symptoms: I thought I would for sure have a new symptom this week after I ordered 'medium' spice at Taste of Thai on Monday BUT it still didn't give me heartburn.  I know a lot of women get heartburn pretty bad even without spicy food.  I guess my little nugget liked it because it was HOT!  Other than that I was just really tired this week.
Memorable moment for the week:  Celebrating Easter with the family & realizing that we'll have a munchkin to carry around the egg hunt next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment