Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 20

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

The highlight for the week was our 20 week appointment on Thursday May 5 (Happy Cinco de Mayo!)  We had our sonogram bright & early at 8:30am and knew we weren't going to tell anyone until that evening at our baby party.  Scott's final guess was boy & I was wavering between boy & girl - I wasn't sick at all (boy) but just started feeling girl at the end.  Our sonographer started with the basics:  all 4 chambers of the heart looked good, along with the kidneys, stomach, diaphragm, brain, etc.  Then she asked if we wanted to know because she could definitely tell what it was & she said yep, it's definitely a girl!  Scott & I looked at each other bright eyed, kind of in shock!  We knew our lives were about to change with another princess in the family (actually I'm sure we still have no clue how much will change).  She pointed out the 3 lines that meant girl & she could tell I was skeptical.  She rotated the wand and showed me from another angle & said she was for sure.  Aaaaahhhh, we couldn't believe it!!  Baby T posed for her photo-shoot so mommy & daddy could have lots of pictures for the blog!  Here are some of our faves:
Arm up pointing at her face

Profile of her face with her arm up (diva!)
Her knees on the right, shins & feet on the left

Full body shot - Head on the right, belly in the middle, leg on the left

We both went to work with another huge secret again and we didn't budge!  Then it was time to prep for our big reveal party at the Tuckers.  We planned to have mexican food since it was Cinco de Mayo - enchiladas, margaritas, spanish rice, salad, & key lime cake!  When everyone arrived they placed their final vote for boy or girl & boy had the majority of the vote.  Then it was time for the big reveal & we did it by opening a huge box to release a bunch of pink balloons.  We wanted to make it more exciting than just telling everyone.  Baby T continued to be spoiled as my mom & Cora got her a cute outfit, hat & blankie and Aunt Beth got her first Juicy Couture outfit (you're going to create a monster!! haha).  Everyone was so excited and supportive - I know there won't be a lack of love in this big family!!  Here's a balloon pic:
Surprise!!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: 6.5 inches, the size of a cantaloupe
Total weight gain/loss:  Officially 7 pounds at the doctor
Maternity clothes: I'm sticking to dresses and still wearing my old pants with the bella band.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!  Don't even ask about names because we aren't budging!
Movement: Little wiggles :)
Sleep: My hips are kind of hurting when I lay on one side for too long so I've tossed & turned a little more lately.
What I miss:  I'm settling into pregnancy pretty well so I don't miss much right now.
Cravings: Sweets, maybe I should have known it was a girl.
Symptoms: Growing belly & ta-ta's!  Woah!  hahaha
Memorable moment for the week:  Hearing the words "it's a girl" and seeing our peanut on the sonogram again. 
We're so excited to be having a little girl and feeling very blessed that she looks healthy so far!  That was my biggest fear going into the appointment - finding some kind of health issue.  We have to remember that's what's most important now, not shopping for bedding, dresses, & bows.  Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will go as smoothly as the 1st half!  
Go TEAM PINK!!  

2 comments:

  1. yay yay yay, baby t! Shes going to be spoillledddd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I think SPOILED ROTTEN!

    ReplyDelete