Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chewbeads

I'm stuck at the office again waiting for the budget to get finalized so I've been snooping around on the internet.  I stumbled across these on a baby blog and think they're pretty hilarious.  They're called "Chewbeads" and the here's the story behind them:  

The idea for Chewbeads began in 2009 shortly after the birth of my son. Like most babies, he loved to put everything in his mouth and my necklaces were a favorite. Like most moms, I didn't feel comfortable letting him chew on them, with concern that they might break or have unwanted chemicals. As a veteran of the fashion industry, I had an amazing collection of necklaces and bracelets, so with those as my inspiration, I set out to create soft, non-toxic jewelry, which was colorful, chic and, above all else safe. Hence, Chewbeads!
  • Beads are made with 100% silicone (similar to pacifiers & nipples)
  • Soft on babies gums and emerging teeth
  • Easily cleaned with dish soap & water, also dishwasher safe!
  • No BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Cadmium, or Lead
  • Necklaces have a breakaway clasp for added safety
  • Necklaces are a great sensory tool to help your baby focus while nursing
  • Bracelets are a colorful reminder of which side you've just nursed
















(Photo - chewbeads.com)
I think it's an interesting idea but wouldn't your shirt get soaked with slobber from the beads?  Maybe that happens anyway without the beads?  (Hahaha, can you tell I'm not a mom yet?!)  Anyway, I love new jewelry & thought it was a fun idea to share, what do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Funny, never have seen such a thing. good questions to raise :) maybe you should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete