Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 23

This blog is going to be pretty boring as I didn't take any pictures all week!  That could have a lot to do with the fact that I was at work all weekend & didn't have much "me" time this week.  Oh well, I'm done complaining about it, at least it's over now!  I knew that we wouldn't have much work to do on Saturday since we were playing the "waiting game" with the legistlators so I decided to make the best of it & took an extended lunch to head to the pool at Isand Bay with the Tucker fam.  I hung out for about an hour before heading back to the office and hoped that I got some sun.  Uuummm, yep I got a little crispy : )  Note to self:  maybe the doctors are right when they tell you that your skin is more sensitive now, hahah, lesson learned!


We had our 2nd wedding celebration of the year on Sunday for Zach & Brooke.  We've known them forever and they are the sweetest couple!  I ended up working all day Sunday and didn't get off until 9pm so I raced to the reception so I could see them for a little while.  Needless to say, I missed the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner so I had enough time to say congrats and socialize for a minute.  Brooke looked gorgeous and the reception was tons of fun!  I'm using someone's facebook picture of the happy couple so I can at least have 1 photo from the weekend!  Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Bell!

Pardon the awful picture, we forgot to get one
before work every day this week!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: 11 inches, and over 1 pound
Total weight gain/loss:  Haven't been on the scale in a while so I'll guess 11 pounds-ish.  I don't even want to get on the scale at the doctor b/c my eating habits have been AWFUL since we've been working like crazy.
Maternity clothes: Maternity bottoms are a definite must!  I'm still wearing normal tops because I feel like the maternity ones still hang too low in the front.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!  
Movement: Getting more distinct every week!
Sleep: I've started tossing & turning a lot more & my hips feel sore when I get up in the morning.
What I miss:  Diet cokes!  Early on, I read that aspartame is the devil so I've been avoiding anything diet.  BUT I just read a new email & it said that it's fine in moderation.  I might have to give into this craving soon!
Cravings: Vanilla diet cokes from Sonic!
Symptoms: I've been getting heartburn/acid reflux - whatever you call it - when I lay down at night.  It hasn't gotten bad enough that I've had to take anything though.
Memorable moment for the week:  I ordered a few things on super-sale from Gymboree & got them in the mail this week.  One is a suuuper cute swimsuit (I know I don't need it until next summer) and when Scott saw it, he said, "Wow, this is real."  I still don't think it's going to sink in until we're holding her in our arms : )

No comments:

Post a Comment