Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Names

AND BABY T'S NAME IS....

Hahahaha, in your dreams blog readers!  Actually, I couldn't even tell you if I wanted to because we can't decide!  From the beginning Scott & I knew that we would keep the name a secret since we found out the gender and told everyone.  We wanted at least something to be a surprise for everyone!  I'm kind of bummed that I can't get cute monogrammed onesies & accessories but I guess that can come later. 

This has been the biggest source of anxiety in my life lately - is the name too common or too crazy, does it remind us of someone else, will it turn into a good adult name, any cute nicknames to go along with it???  I'm pretty convinced that we're going to have to see our bundle of joy before we decide and that's ok with me as long as we have a handful of names to choose from.  Another problem is that our name list keeps getting longer and that makes it even more confusing.  Oh well, we still have some time!

Here's an interesting article on 2011 baby name trends.  I made an observation at the beginning of the year that this year might be the year of the older/proper names with cutesy nicknames.  Ie:  Evelyn (Evie), Eleanor (Ella), Josephine (Josie), Margaret (Maggie) and even some Ruths and Mabels thrown in.  My grandma is pushing for Evelyn since that's her name but I've heard a couple this year already so I'm not ready to get on that bandwagon yet.  We'll see!  Anywho, what do you guys think of the other 2011 trends?!

I'm always open for suggestions, too!

NameVoyager is another cool tool that lets you explore names and see when they were popular and what their highest rank was at the time.  Surprise, surprise, Sarah was most popular in the 80's and peaked at #5!  Even if you aren't looking for baby names it's fun to put in your own name.

*Approximately 93 days left to decide*

No comments:

Post a Comment