Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 26

The last week of my 2nd trimester was just as busy as the rest have been but I was really bad at taking pictures so I don't have much documentation.  We went to the Eric Church concert at the Sangamon County Fair on Thursday and I must say that I'm settling into my role of DD pretty well.  The concert was absolutely packed so we got to see tons of people we hadn't seen in a while & I love that - especially when I get to show off my new bump!  Here's a pic of Ashley, Becca, & me during the concert - did I mention it was HOT?!

Next up on the agenda was my dance recital.  This was my 2nd year taking a hip hop class & I found out we were expecting in the middle of the year so I decided I would continue taking classes & see how I felt when the recital came around.  Well it came around quickly so I thought, why not, let's rock the baby bump on stage.  We had dress rehearsal Friday night and the show was Saturday evening.  I told my teacher to put me on the side so that I could roll off stage if necessary, hahaha.  We wore heals in one of our dances so I'm just happy that I didn't wipe out on stage!  Overall, it went really well though.  Here's one picture that I made it in:
(2nd from the left)
After the dance show I met up with Scott at the Firefighter's Club Chicken Fry - one of my favorite lake club parties of the year.  I posted the picture on the right because I had to document how ridiculous the lady selling tickets was.  She made me get a wristband even though I wasn't drinking & you could clearly tell I was pregnant.  Scott finally made me take it off because I looked really bad drinking what looked like a vodka lemonade (actually just a lemon shake up) with my alcohal wristband on.  Hey, pregnant ladies can drink too, right??  hahaha NO!  We hung out there for a while until I got tired & I've learned that I just have to utter those words & the hubby will leave with me.  It definitely doesn't work that easily when I'm not pregnant so I'm taking advantage while I can!  My first "OMG, I'm getting a big belly" moment came when I was trying to get in my car which was parked way too close to the car on my side.  Needless to say, I couldn't suck in my belly enough & had to climb in through the passenger door to get in my car! hahahah, I felt like 'Large Marge' after that!

We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday with lots of family time.  Scott had to work all day so I surprised him that morning with a card from the puppies (yes, I'm the crazy dog lady) and an outfit from baby T.  I bought the outfit a month ago but I thought it would be the perfect "soon-to-be" daddy's day gift so I saved it.  I hung out with my family that day & we cooked out on the grill for dinner - my dad & brother's favorite!  After dinner I hurried to Island Bay to celebrate with the Tucker clan.  Here's a picture of Delaney, Kylie, & Brayden after dinner - the only picture I took all day.  I feel very lucky to have such an awesome "daddy-do" who spoiled us kids rotten and also a great dad-in-law that has treated me like his own for years.  I can't wait until next year to celebrate Scott's first daddy's day!!
  One last thing that I must mention is that we finally got registered!  My sis was sending out baby shower invitations this week so we were running out of time.  We spent most of Scott's day off on Tuesday walking around Babies R Us trying to scan everything the baby will need - and that's a lot of stuff!  How can someone so small need so much?!  I started going very neutral on everything and Scott finally took the gun & started scanning pink stuff because "she is a girl!" in his words.  Daddy's already sticking up for our princess :)
     
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 26 weeks
Size of baby: 14 inches & 1.7 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  16 pounds 
Maternity clothes: Pretty much all maternity wear now because it's sooo comfortable!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!  
Movement: Lots of kicks especially after I eat.
Sleep:  Not too bad & I finally tried using a body pillow between my knees and wouldn't ya know it, my hips don't hurt anymore!  Funny how easy that problem was to solve :)
What I miss:  Nothing major this week
Cravings: Still loving ice cream...hhmm maybe that's why the weight has been packing on so easily...
Symptoms: Nothing new
Memorable moment for the week:  Registering for baby & baby T's first dance show.
Bring on the 3rd Trimester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment