Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 24

What our peanut might look like at 24 weeks
(A real baby!)
I've been looking forward to week 24 for a while because we had another doctors appointment scheduled!  I was so excited to hear baby's heartbeat again but definitely NOT excited to get on the scale or take the glucose test.  I had heard that the drink was awful & it made some people sick.  Well, I don't know if I'm tough or if others are just being dramatic but it wasn't that bad.  It was just a reallllly sweet juice drink.  I started the appointment by drinking the juice & seeing a new doctor - Dr. Hall.  I'm sure that I've mentioned that my doctor (Dr. Stone) is on maternity leave with her 6th child!!...so I'm seeing different doctors until she's back in July.  Well, Scott & I were not fans of the last doctor we saw - she was very impersonal and rushed through the appointment after making us wait 40 minutes in the exam room.  Dr. Hall was a lot more like Dr. Stone & I really liked her, not to mention I only waited 5 minutes to see her which is a record!  She said everything looked great but my weight...welll....jumped a little this time.  HAHAHA, that was putting it nicely!  I gained 8 pounds this month, yikes!  I was expecting a major gain but wowzers - I guess the late night snacking at work and all the fast food caught up with me quick!  Overall though, I've gained 14 pounds and she said that's fine for 24 weeks.  I'm pretty sure that I'll drop a few in the next week now that work isn't so crazy.  


I then had to go back and wait about 40 minutes for them to draw my blood for the glucose test.  I'm sure I've mentioned this as well, but the last nurse that drew my blood was AWFUL!  Now, I admit that I'm a baby when it comes to needles but that time was ricidulous!  It felt like she was forcing it into my arm & it hurt when she changed the vile everytime.  So I warned this nurse & told her that I was scarred from the last lady and she reassured me that she was a veteran.  Thanks god - she was amazing!!  Didn't hurt at all & I thanked her a million times!  As I was walking out I said, "I'm healed!"  I'm sure she was laughing at how dramatic I was but I was really excited!


Other than that, this week has been pretty normal.  I hit the pool on Saturday and helped my mom price things for a garage sale all day Sunday (tons of fun!) haha.  Hopefully I can make some moolah from all of the clothes I'm selling, I'll let you all know how it goes next week.  Garage sales are definitely not very exciting though...  Tuesday was baby T's first boating excursion!  After I got off work we cruised around a little bit while Scott, Reg, & Kyle drank some brew-skies.  I was a little jealous but I'll get to enjoy one soon enough. : )  


Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 24 weeks
Size of baby: 12 inches & between 1 & 2 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  14 pounds - woah! 
Maternity clothes: Maternity pants, normal tops & dresses.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!  
Movement: She's moving consistently now & Scott can feel her a lot more. 
Sleep: Still tossing & turning & my hips are always sore when I wake up.
What I miss:  This sounds really weird to say but I miss getting a really intense sweaty workout!  This is the time of year when I usually get on my workout kick & start running outside to get ready for bikini season.  It's been so hot that I don't want to overdo it so I've been lazy.  I need to start walking more & lifting weights so my arms and legs don't get too jiggly! 
Cravings: Nothing unusual this week
Symptoms: My belly has grown so much this month!!
Memorable moment for the week:  Hearing baby T's heartbeat - 154 and finally looking pregnant & not just chubby.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment