Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 28

Week 28 brought a crazy week at work but a relaxing weekend at home.  This was the first weekend in a long time that we had ZERO plans but Scott had to work.  That meant that I got tons of cleaning & organizing done at home but I got really burnt out on it by Sunday afternoon.  It didn't help that it was rainy & cloudy all weekend so pool time was out.  By Sunday I was bored out of my mind which never happens, there's always something that needs to be done!  Oh well, I guess I needed some relaxation time for me and the peanut.  We'll be going full steam ahead every weekend until August 13 and by then, we'll only have 5 weeks left!

This week I had my 28 week appointment and everything looked great as always.  I was only up a few pounds on the scale, thank goodness!  I saw another new doctor, Dr. Bennett, and she was nice and even took time to ask me some questions about delivery, birth control after delivery, etc.  It's nice to get to spend a few minutes with the doctor, rather than them rushing in and out of the room like you don't matter.  I'm still hoping that Dr. Stone will be there to deliver me since she's my favorite!  I also learned that I start going every 2 weeks now which means we're getting that much closer!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 28 weeks
Size of baby: 14.8 inches & 2.2 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  18 pounds
Maternity clothes: Pretty much all maternity wear now because it's sooo comfortable!
Gender: It's a GIRL!! 
Movement: Lots of kicks especially after I eat.
Sleep:  I'm only up once every night but I do toss & turn.
What I miss:  Nothing major this week
Cravings: Still loving ice cream...hhmm maybe that's why the weight has been packing on so easily...
Symptoms: Nothing new
Memorable moment for the week:  28 week doctor's appointment - hearing her heartbeat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment