Friday, July 22, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 31

Another week has flown by and can I just say, "HOLY HOTTNESS!!"  Early in my pregnancy I was dreading being preggo in the summer but up until now, it really hasn't been that hard to tolerate...until now.  The temperature this week in particular has been in the upper 90's with heat indexes of over 100 every single day.  Add in some awful humidity and you get a hot and cranky pregnant lady!  I'm usually inside during the week which is ok but walking to my car even seemed like a chore this week.

Scott was off all weekend which hardly ever happens in the summer so we planned to take the boat out Saturday and Sunday.  Lucky for hot, cranky preggo, he went golfing for the majority of the day Saturday so we didn't make it out on the lake until 4:00.  We ended up staying out on the water until almost 10pm after swinging by Island Bay to crash the Tucker's dinner.  We got back out on the lake around 1:00 Sunday afternoon and I did a lot of floating in the water so I didn't get overheated.  As we were getting ready to go out Sunday I noticed how different packing for a day on the lake is when you're pregnant.  Normal packing:  a case of Bud Light and some towels.  Preggo packing:  towels, water, lemonade, pretzels, ice pops, and sandwiches for lunch.  Hahaha and I'm sure it will only get better with children involved!   

Last highlight of the week:  Scott got the nursery painted!  We went with a light green but right now I'm still deciding if it's too bright...  Hopefully once we get the furniture in there it will tone it down a bit.  (Pretty sure Scott's not going to re-paint it though so I better just be content).       

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 31 weeks
Size of baby: 16 inches & around 3 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  21 pounds
Maternity clothes: I'm living in tunics, leggings, & dresses.
Gender: It's a GIRL!! 
Movement: She has very distinct patterns of movement now.  A lot of times it feels like she's rolling around rather than kicking, which is nicer.
Sleep:  Only up once a night usually.
What I miss:  Having a waistline.  This was the first week that I looked down and wondered, "How much bigger can I get??"  I have a feeling these last few weeks are going to be a slight struggle in the comfort zone.
Cravings:  Nothing crazy or new this week. 
Symptoms:  Still acid reflux on and off and getting more sleepy.
Memorable moment for the week:  Getting the nursery painted!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! You are going to LOVE that you are documenting all of your pregnancy down the road. It is such a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for sharing it with all of us! :) Also, I will be thinking about you tomorrow for your baby shower. We have a ton of family in town right now, so it is a big reunion at my mom & dad's house tomorrow. So sorry I have to miss it...but knowing you, there will be lots of pics to share on here! :) I look forward to checking them out. Love you & take care of yourself & your growing little peanut, Baby T. :)
    Love, Kari & Family

    ReplyDelete