Friday, July 15, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 30

Woohoo, we're three quarters of the way there! 
Baby T is 75% cooked! 
30 weeks down & only 10 weeks to go!


If you can't tell I'm pretty excited about being this far in my pregnancy.  Back in January, 30 weeks seemed sooo far away so it's hard to believe that we've already made it this far.  And now that we are this far, it just gets more real everyday. 

We had our 2nd baby class at Memorial this week which discussed taking care of yourself after birth & we also got to tour the maternity ward.  I'm not a big fan of hospitals so I was a little nervous about going up on the floor, but I knew it would be good to prep myself for the big day.  It actually turned out fine and we even got to see a little newborn in the nursery!  Then the nurse gave us a tour of the maternity suite and it hit me - I'll be in that bed in a matter of weeks! Aaaahhhh, craziness!  They also brought down the huge light & mirror out of the ceiling like a spaceship which made me a little nervous.  Honestly though, I thought I would be a lot more nervous about delivery at this point.  I'm not saying that I'm not a little nervous, but I think I'm more excited than anything, I just can't wait to meet her!  (If anyone has any delivery horror stories, please keep them to yourself).  HAHA.  We start lamaze class in August so I'm interested to hear what they have to say about the labor & delivery process.   

We also had our 30 week doctor appointment with Dr. Hall.  It was another boring checkup but she said that I'm measuring right at 30cm which is right on target for 30 weeks.  I also asked her if she could tell how the baby is positioned because I think her head is down and her butt is on my right side.  She agreed but said that they don't really worry about it until 36 weeks anyway.  She also squashed my dreams of having another sonogram because I will only get one if something is wrong.  Obviously I don't want something to be wrong but I really want to see her again before the big day & see how she's laying.  Ooooh well, I guess I could have worse problems. 

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 30 weeks
Size of baby: 15.7 inches & around 3 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  21 pounds
Maternity clothes: Maternity wear rocks!  I've given up on trying to squeeze into normal tops because I want to be able to wear them again without being stretched out.  I still wear normal dresses though.
Gender: It's a GIRL!! 
Movement: She's still flippin' & kickin' mostly in the afternoon and at night before bed.  It's funny to see her kick/punch so hard that it moves my hand on my belly.
Sleep:  My body pillow was just too huge to share the bed with me, Scott, & the pups so I've switched to a normal pillow between my knees which helps a ton.
What I miss:  Having a memory.  My good memory has faded throughtout my pregnancy so lately I've been driving past places that I needed to go or missing turns.  Ugh, so annoying!
Cravings:  I cheated & ate lunch meat last week and now that's all that sounds good!
Symptoms:  I've got the preggo squat down pat now.  Anytime I need to bend over to pick up something off the floor, I spread my feet like a sumo wrestler, squat & bend over.  I'm not so graceful anymore : ) 
Memorable moment for the week:  My girlfriends oohing & aahing over my bare baby belly.  This little girl is going to have quite a fan club when she shows her face & I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment