Friday, July 8, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 29

Week 29 was packed with plans as we celebrated the 4th of July weekend.  The sunshine and HOT temperatures were a little overwhelming for me but I made it through.  This week also brought a new pregnancy experience - comments on how far along you are - both good & bad. 

Story #1:  I was walking out of work one night and some bum-looking guy said "Ooohhh, the 2nd lady with a baby I've seen today!"  How far along are you?"  To which I reply, "I'm due in September, only a few more months!  : )"  Bum: "Wooooah, you sure are showing a lot, are there twins in there???"  Me:  "Nope.  No twins."  Bum:  "Oh, hmmm, welp, hope the baby is healthy!"  Me:  "Uh huh, thanks..." as I march away.  Seriously, dude?!?!  I wasn't super offended because he obviously had no idea how big pregnant women get before giving bith but still, have a little class.  

Story #2:  We were at Island Bay on Monday and Sue was talking to someone she knew and introduced me and my peanut.  To which the woman replied, "Oh, I didn't even notice you were pregnant, you look great!"  My tankini must have some slimming features, hahaha.  So my confidence was redeemed for the time being.  : )      

This week my assignment was to pick out a paint color for the nursery so Scott could get it painted.  So far, I've gathered tons of paint swatches but still need to decide on the final color.  We also got the crib ordered & it should be here next week!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 29 weeks
Size of baby: 15.3 inches & 2.5 pounds
Total weight gain/loss:  19 pounds
Maternity clothes: Pretty much all maternity wear now because it's sooo comfortable!  I'm loving maxi dresses which I thought I would hate.
Gender: It's a GIRL!! 
Movement: I think we have a little gymnast in there!
Sleep:  I'm only up once every night but I do toss & turn.
What I miss:  I had been really good about not eating lunch meat but Courtney & Ryan picked up Jimmy John's to take on the boat so I had to have a little splurge and it was yuuuummmmy.
Cravings:  I ate pickles twice this week & I've never liked pickles!
Symptoms: Nothing new
Memorable moment for the week:  Letting friends/family feel her moving & kicking which they all thought was very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment