Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 34

It's official, I'm an oven!  Cooking this baby has finally increased my body temp and I'm finding it a lot more difficult to stay cool.  We went to Chicago last weekend for a family reunion and I was loving the AC so I froze everyone on the way up in the car and also in the hotel room.  Up until lately the heat wasn't affecting me much but this weekend it hit me hard.  


After walking around Navy Pier Saturday morning we went back to the hotel to swim.  The indoor pool area was soooo humid & warm that I didn't think I'd be able to hang out in there.  I decided to dip my feet in the pool but it felt warm and not refreshing at all.  A little later I noticed that everyone else that was getting in the pool acted like it was chilly.  After a while  I got in & quickly realized that it really wasn't warm at all but my body just took a lot longer to cool off after our morning excursion than normal.  Anyway, I could bore you with a million other examples of how hot I was all weekend but you get the idea!     

Update:
I totally forgot to include a big highlight from last week!  We attended our first lamaze class on Monday evening at Memorial.  I went into it with an open mind, knowing that many people told me that it goes right out the window when you're actually in labor.  This class was a general overview of the labor/delivery process and what to expect.  We started out watching a movie that showed different women & their pain management techniques.  If you know Scott & I at all, you know that we are pretty laid back and like to joke around.  Needless to say, we giggled through this movie a few times - especially at the moaning women.  I keep telling Scott that I think I'm going to use the 'vocalization' technique : )  I'm sure this won't be so funny when I'm the one in labor!

The instructor also reminded us that exercise is vital especially during these last weeks of pregnancy.  They put women on bed rest so they DON'T go into labor so we need to get our booties up & walk!  That was enough motivation for me - I DO NOT want to go past my due date!  We also learned stretching techniques and practiced massage.  I got a great massage at the end of the class from Scott so I wasn't complaining :)   
Preggo pic from the reunion
(Forgive the un-showered look, this was at breakfast the last day)
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 34 weeks
Size of baby: 17.7 inches & around 4.7 pounds
Total weight gain/loss: 24 pounds - This keeps creeping up faster than I would like!
Maternity clothes: I'm living in tunics, leggings, & dresses.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!
Movement: Lots of rolling around.  I thought she was head down last week but she may be moving to that position now given how much she's wiggling.
Sleep: Up twice per night & I've started taking Tums almost every night to control acid reflux.
What I miss: Bending over with ease.
Cravings:  Nothing crazy this week.
Symptoms: Occasional back pain & acid reflux but these have been normal for the last few weeks.
Memorable moment for the week:  Our first lamaze class.

No comments:

Post a Comment