Friday, August 19, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 35

Week 35 has come & gone like all the rest - me and Baby T keep growing little by little!  I was kind of cranky this week because I'm tired of watching the scale creep up & my stomach expand.  I remind myself that this is all for our sweet baby girl but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's a little vain & doesn't want to get any larger.  I think there comes a point in every pregnancy when you're just "over it" - not the baby but actually being pregnant.  It was fun for a long time but now you're just ready to meet the baby!  It sounds so bad but I want to blog honestly & even though I ususally feel great when people ask, there are times when I don't feel so awesome.  Hopefully next week I'll be back to my chipper self & not Debbie Downer.  (I'll blame it on the horomones, too).

Anyway, this week wasn't all boring & negative because I had baby shower #2!!  My sister-in-laws threw me & Baby T a shower at Island Bay Yacht Club & it turned out great.  Her closet is even more full now & we got lots of cute stuff!  (That will get its own blog post though).
We also attended our 2nd Lamaze class (we go 4 Mondays in August from 7-9pm).  The class started out with a little ice breaker where we introduced ourselves, told our due date, & shared something nice that we did for each other that week.  We kind of looked at each other & said what did we do??   I felt like a horrible wife - I cooked, did laundry, etc but what did I do for him besides the normal stuff? We don't usually argue & I feel like we have a great marriage but this made me feel bad! So basically we had to make something up...  I think our homework from the week before was to give each other massages & we totally dropped the ball on that one (that's what most people answered).  That should have been the easiest homework we've ever done!  Oh well, it's tough when Scott works 60+ hours per week & I'm trying to get baby stuff organized.  Now we plan to take a few minutes to do something nice for each other every week until the baby comes.  (I know that babies can rock even the most solid marriages so it's important to focus on us a little). 
We continued the class with some more massage (bonus!) and learned the 2 breathing techniques that they recommend.  The first was slow breathing which was easy & more relaxing - I pictured myself on my favorite beach of course.  The instructor called the 2nd type "E Hees" - these are for more intense contractions, almost like panting without hyperventilating.  She had us face each other when we practiced & we cracked up throughout a lot of it.  At the end we did an exercise where Scott was supposed annoy me & I needed to use breathing & focus techniques until I didn't feel him.  He decided to dig in my arm where they take blood (because I absolutey HATE that) to simulate a contraction.  Well, I'm obviously not very good at tuning out pain because I felt it & squirmed the whole time while trying to breath.  If I can't ignore that, how will I handle contractions?!?!  Oh geez, looks like we have some practice to do!  Hopefully we can practice our "E Hees" this weekend since that's our homework.  : )          

Even if I don't use these techniques during labor, I think these classes have been great because we've had tons of fun together while still focusing on our peanut.
  
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 35 weeks
Size of baby: 18 inches & a little over 5 pounds
Total weight gain/loss: 25 pounds, still gaining consistently.
Maternity clothes: I'm living in tunics, leggings, & dresses.  This week I really wanted to shop again because I'm tired of the clothes I've been wearing & re-wearing BUT I decided I can get through another 5 weeks.  Then hopefully the baby weight will fly off & I can go shopping at my normal stores again!!  ; )  haha
Gender: It's a GIRL!!
Movement: It's getting quite cramped in there - I can tell by the random body parts bulging out above my belly button.
Sleep: Up once or twice & some hip soreness again.
What I miss: This goes along with bending over, but doing laundry with ease.  Bending & reaching are definitely not my strong suites anymore.
Cravings:  I really wanted Thai food & we got Magic Kitchen, yummm.
Symptoms:  Occassioanl lower back or hip pain but nothing too bad.
Memorable moment for the week:  Baby shower #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment