Friday, September 9, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 38

Week 38 meant celebrating Labor Day weekend so we wondered if it would really be "labor day" for us!  No such luck, but we still managed to relax & prep for baby.  I soaked up the last bits of the summer sun at the pool and enjoyed lots of time with family.  My cousin Megan was in town & she's doing her residency in OB/GYN so I was so excited to talk labor with her all afternoon!  She reminded me that even though I'm dilated a little, it doesn't mean much until the contractions get regular & strong.  Basically, as my doctor said, it could be 2 days or 2 weeks! 

We had an interview with a pediatrician on Tuesday morning and really liked her.  She was highly recommended from my doctor & other friends so after meeting with her, we decided that she was the one.  One more item to check off our to-do list!
We also had my 38 week appointment on Tuesday afternoon and were hoping for some more progress!  When Dr. Stone checked me I was 2cm dilated & 70% effaced so it was a little more than last time.  Slow and steady works, I suppose.  Now I just need to keep walking to get this show on the road!   
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: 20 inches & 6.5 pounds
Total weight gain/loss: 29 pounds
Maternity clothes: All comfy maternity clothes but I'm ready for a new wardrobe!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!
Movement: It's getting more cramped in there every day but she stills wiggles a lot.
Sleep: I haven't been sleeping as well this week.  I'm usually up once or twice to go to the bathroom but I've been having major issues getting back to sleep after I get up.  To-do lists & labor scenarios keep running through my head.  A few days ago I couldn't decide what I was going to wear at the hospital and going home!  Seriously, who cares!! hahaha
What I miss: Moving easily - I really took that for granted!
Cravings: Nothing crazy this week.
Symptoms: Lots of pressure from her head dropping & contractions every now & then.
Memorable moment for the week:  Hearing everyone's guess for Baby T's due date - very few people have me going past my due date so hopefully they're right!

No comments:

Post a Comment