Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

I had a very eventful yet relaxing labor day weekend while Scott was stuck at work for the last crazy boating weekend of the year.  My mom came over Saturday morning & we cleaned & organized all morning so that we have as little clutter to deal with as possible when we get the carpet installed.  Now we just have to tackle the 2nd bedroom which has become a catch all for stuff that we moved out of the office turned nursery.  Hopefully this will be a quick Saturday project!  (Have I mentioned how awesome my mom is?!  She's been so helpful prepping for baby especially since Scott has worked so much this summer.  I can never stay motivated for hours on end like she can so she's helped me push through to get everything done - thanks & love you!!)

We went to my Uncle Jack & Aunt Marsha's new house on Sunday for a pool day & cook out.  Their new house is perfect for entertaining so we had a blast!  As I already mentioned, my cousin Megan and I talked all about labor & delivery for most of the afternoon.  We are only about 5 1/2 months apart so we grew up pretty close but hardly see each other anymore so it was awesome catching up.  That evening we realized that my dad hadn't felt Baby T or my belly very much so Megan instructed him that he had to push hard to feel her - you should have seen his face!  I think it finally got real that there really is a baby in there! haha
Me & Megan 
We had one final party to hit that night at Kyle & Becca's and I was sure that we would be gone by 10 because I was sooo tired already.  Yeah.Right.  The guys got so involved in playing life-sized Jenga that we couldn't pull them away.  Finally though, I took Scott by the arm & drug him to the car around 12:30 - I was getting a liiiiittle cranky.
Monday brought a lot cooler temperatures and it was much needed after the 100 degree heat that we had on Friday & Saturday.  I met the Tucker clan at Island Bay around noon for a full day of relaxing by the pool.  We got some great sun that day even if it was only 75 degrees and made sure to get everyones guesses for Baby T's due date.  Brayden did lots of fishing:
 
Delaney & Kylie enjoyed the cotton candy & balloon animals:
Aaahh, what a relaxing weekend spent with friends & family!  I'm pretty sure the word "relaxing" won't be used in my vocabulary much after baby arrives so I'm glad I got to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment