Monday, September 26, 2011

Bump Watch 2011: Week 40


Week 40 brought some major excitement in the Tucker house - we finally got to meet our baby girl!!  Kinley Dianne Tucker was born September 19, 2011 at 12:32pm.  She was 7lbs 1.5oz & 20.5 inches long.  I'll save the story of her birthday for a blog all its own & try to recap week 40 from what I remember.
Bonding with my peanut
Under the warmer
Ok...I've been staring at a blinking cursor & I have no idea what I did that week.  I do remember that Scott & I went to Olive Garden for our last date night before baby on Friday evening.  We had to wait for 45 minutes & I stood the whole time - maybe that helped Kinley drop for the big day??  Then on Saturday Scott played in a golf outing and I made sure that my mom was around to drive me to the hospital if necessary.  That wasn't the case so I was pretty convinced that I was going back to work Monday and probably wouldn't have a baby until after my due date.  I was pretty sure that my body didn't know how to go into labor and that I'd be preggo forever!  I'm sure every pregnant woman feels like that at the end of her pregnancy.  I was very wrong though, and I went into labor Sunday night and Kinley made her arrival Monday, only 2 days shy of her due date.
I was laying on my side & Tiki decided to snuggle
 with my baby bump on Saturday afternoon.
I was waiting to take my 40 week bump picture but obviously didn't get a chance to so here's my final bump picture after we arrived at the hospital.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 40 weeks
Size of baby: 20.5 inches & 7 pounds
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds
Maternity clothes: All maternity & ready to start shopping for regular clothes again.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!
Movement: It's getting more cramped in there every day but she stills wiggles a lot.
Sleep: Same as every other week.  Just getting anxious to meet our little girl so tossing & turning.
What I miss: Shaving my legs with ease.
Cravings: Nothing crazy this week.
Symptoms: Some contractions & pressure so I can tell she's getting ready to arrive!
Memorable moment for the week:  Getting the house in order for her arrival and making sure we're ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment