Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Has it been 4 weeks already?!?

Hi blog readers!
Our busy weekend continued with a trip to Southwind Park on Monday morning (Columbus day).  It was a gorgeous morning for a walk so the park was pretty busy.  We played on the playground for a while, walked around the park on the trail, and ate Head West for lunch, yum!  It was nice to finally get some exercise!
Maille's backflip
Laney before her backflip 
How Brayden felt about being the only boy...
Just kidding! He didn't care : ) 
Kinley snoozin at the park
Kinley & me under the arches
The cousins minus Rian & Aidan
B pushed Kinley for me
Maille, me, Kinley & Kim before they hit the road

Monday (10/10/11) was also our 1 year wedding anniversary!  This year has flown by, probably because we were a little pre-occupied for 9 of the months.  We reflected on what we were doing 1 year ago in Sanibel - I was getting ready at the spa, Scott sat at the pool bar until he had to get ready, saying "I do," watching a beautiful sunset, dancing up a storm, and partying the night away.  
This year, we left Kinley with my parents so we could have a date night.  This was the first time we left her and even though I totally trust my parents, I was still a little anxious.  I felt so guilty for leaving her but I knew I needed to get over that.  We hadn't had sushi in forever so we indulged at Osaka!  We also had key lime pie martinis in honor of our key lime wedding cake.
The restaurant was dead so we were back home in an hour and a half.  My parents figured we scarfed down our food & hurried back home to Kinley but we actually took our time, haha.  My mom even popped some champagne & made us key lime cupcakes to celebrate!  We couldn't have asked for a better 1 year anniversary gift than our little peanut!

Aunt Beth & her roomie Gayle came up from STL to see Kinley on Wednesday and brought Laura to visit.  We did a lot of sitting around, catching up, and relaxing.  We tried to snap a quick pic before they left but Kinley was hungry and wasn't having it.
Laura pinched her! haha
Kinley had her first long road trip this week!  We traveled to Rock Island on Saturday for my cousin Amanda's baby shower.  She and Eric are due in December and we can't wait to meet their little boy!  I was a little nervous to drive 2.5 hours with a newborn in the car so we allowed some extra time in case we needed to stop.  I'm guessing that Kinley wanted to show off so that she could road trip again because she was perfect.  She slept the whole way up, I fed her at my grandparents house, she slept for most of the shower, I fed her again before we left, and she slept almost the whole way home.  She was pretty content when she was awake so I was sooo relieved.  (I know it won't always be that way)!  It was great to see my aunts and cousins since we don't get up there nearly enough!  

Kinley had one final "first" this week - the huge blowout...and mommy got to change it.
Scott's caption:  "Who smuggled the mustard?!"
(And yes, I know these get worse) haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment