Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kinley's 2nd Week

(Note - Some of the pictures will match the stories because I took a lot of random pics this week instead of pictures of what we did)
Hangin out
Overall, Kinley's 2nd week went a lot more smoothly.  My mom was off the whole week to help me with the house and watch Kinley so I could rest.  I was still pretty sore from delivery and nursing was the worst at the beginning of this week.  I was almost ready to give up nursing because of the pain but it got better towards the end of the week.  After talking to other moms, I know that I'm not alone in the nursing battle.  Getting through the 1st few weeks is terrible and it gets way easier once you get through that time.  I'm glad I stuck it out but it still gets a little stressful.
I'm pretty much obsessed with any outfit with things
on the booty - ruffle butts, kitty butts...
Courtney & Ryan came to meet Kinley this week!
Uncle Hal, Aunt Mary, Cousin Jeff, Blair & Maxon also came to visit!
The teddy bear the girls brought Kinley
Kinley & I had our first day out besides her doctor's appointment this week.  We ran errands with my mom, but we mostly sat in the car.  Getting out of the house felt great and the change of scenery was nice!  I needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store so I ran in to Meijer before we went home.  By the time I got back to the car Kinley had a major blowout and was hungry.  I decided that instead of listening to her scream the whole way home that I would attempt my first diaper change & feeding in the car.  It went well & we were back on the road!  (That helped my mommy confidence).  
Chillin' in my carseat - my cheeks are getting chubby!
Kinley had her first photo shoot Sept 30 with Sarah Petty.  Since Kinley didn't really have a "schedule" yet we made an appointment for 2:00.  We really wanted to get newborn shots where she was sleeping but Kinley had other plans.  My mom & I had given her a bath that morning so she was passed out until we had to leave.  I tried to feed her before we left but she wanted nothing to do with it.  Wouldn't you guess, right when we got to the studio, she was starving and wanted to nurse for 40 minutes!  Good thing we allowed extra time for her session.  You would think that after eating for 40 minutes she would be tired and look perfect in the pictures.  NO.  Miss Kinley decided that she wanted to be bright-eyed the entire time.  I think we still got some great shots and can't wait to see the results!!
Our little birdy : )
Modeling my new pumpkin-butt outfit
Aunt Patty, Uncle Scott, Sam & Sophie came to meet Kinley before heading to St. Louis for Matt & Jana's wedding.  We were bummed that we couldn't go to the wedding but we were definitely not ready to take a 12 day old to St. Louis.
Aunt P & Sam
Grandpa & Grandma Mert also came to meet their great-granddaughter.
Rob & Sue (Bro & Sis-in-law) invited us to go out to Island Bay for our first night out with Kinley on October 1st.  They have 3 kids so they're pros and said we'd be fine - I, of course, was nervous.  She was awesome and slept the entire time so we got to enjoy dinner instead of scarfing it down like usual.  It had been almost 4 hours since she ate last so I got anxious towards the end of dinner but everything turned out fine.  (Mommy confidence booster #2 - haha).
Just playing 
Look how long I am! 
Tiki is very curious
  The Marina was having a customer appreciation day on Sunday so I decided to take Kinley to visit daddy and the Marina crew.  This was our first outing by ourselves and we ended up leaving almost an hour later than I had planned.  *Mommy lesson #523- you are at the mercy of the newborn and you will feed her when she wants to eat even if it's at the same time you are ready to walk out the door.  We stayed for about an hour and enjoyed the gorgeous weather on the back patio.  Miss Kinley slept the whole time again and was an angel.  : )
Ready for a bath
Sitting in my boppy
I also wanted to document her 1st "milestone" if you can even call it that.  Her umbilical cord fell out on Monday, woohoo!  Now we can take real baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment