Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Days 2 & 3 in the hospital

I think the 2nd day in the hospital was when reality finally sunk in.  We really had a real baby!  We were a family of 3...(plus 2 pups)!  We now have major responsibility!  hahaha.  I was so exhausted after delivery that I don't think I got to fully enjoy Kinley - the 2nd day was different though.  Scott & I got to hang out all morning without any company and it was so sweet to bond with our new daughter.  We quickly realized that we were now in Kinley's world to feed her, change her diaper, and watch her sleep - all on her time.  This has become even more apparent every day : )  
Aunt Beth came up around lunchtime and let mommy and daddy get a little sleep that afternoon - thank you soooo much!  We had a few more visitors throughout the afternoon and evening.  (Can you tell that my memory from 2 weeks ago is a little rusty??  I shouldn't have waited so long to blog BUT I obviously have a new priority named Kinley).  
That night our nurse from our first night came in and we were so excited to have her back - she was so helpful the night before!  She said she had a little news - not what any new parent wants to hear...the maternity suites were all full and we were good candidates to move to a peds room for our last night in order to open up more space.  Scott & I thought it over and didn't have a good reason not to and didn't want to be selfish.  So Tuesday night we packed up our stuff and moved to the other side of the floor.  When we arrived, boy did we wish that we had been selfish!  The room was TINY, no tub in the bathroom, an awful chair & no space.  Once we got settled we decided that we would leave bright and early the next morning.
Little did we know, getting discharged takes some time and it's not done on our schedule.  My doctor & the pediatrician came by around 9am to discharge us so we thought we were almost good to go!  At 9:30 they took Kinley to take pictures and re-test her hearing so we knew that would take a little while.  An hour ticked by and then it was almost noon.  I was tired of the waiting game by then, especially since that was the longest I had been away from her when I was awake.  I went into the bathroom and started sobbing because "I just wanted my Kinley back & to get out of the hospital!"  This was the first time that I actually broke down and I'm usually a pretty emotional person so I was surprised that I hadn't cried yet.  I started laughing & crying because I knew it wasn't that big of a deal but I just needed to let it out.  Luckily, Scott knows how I am and laughed along with me.  
Pretty for pictures
I got my Kinley back ; )
They finally brought Kinley back and we were on our way!  
Waiting to get the carseat checked
 
We're going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment