Monday, March 5, 2012

Girls Weekend 02.24.12

The Boat Show was held on February 24-26 so that meant that Kinley and I had some major girl time all weekend since Scott was busy everyday.

I was off work Friday so Kinley & I went shopping with my mom for Florida clothes.  We ate a late lunch at Chili's and ran to the mall, Babies R us, and Old Navy.  (We have to make sure K has a love of shopping just like mommy & g-ma!)

Here's Kinley with Grandma at Chili's:


Saturday morning we laid around with Tiki...
 played with Sophie...
 and did some baby yoga...
 which thoroughly impressed Tiki.

Brayden had an indoor game that day so Kinley & I packed up her stuff and headed out.  I'm sure I've said it before, but running errands with a baby requires a lot of "stuff" and makes it a lot harder to get out the door, geesh!
I knew Kinley was going to have to eat after the game so I decided to give her a bottle a little early so she wasn't starving when we were leaving.  Like usual, I requested a cup of hot water & warmed her bottle up but when I started feeding her the bottle was leaking all over her!  I knew I had dropped one of her bottles a few days before so I switched to a different bottle and that one did the same thing!  I was a little stressed and couldn't figure out what was going on. 
Finally I had a lightbulb moment - her bottles have little inserts and I usually leave them out of the bottles when I make them for Sue but put them in when I make them at home.  Duh, I had left them out and totally forgot to put it in before I fed her.  I had a total dumb blond moment and by that time Kinley was upset because I kept taking her bottle away.
Can we say hot mess express?!  I can just imagine what we looked like - I felt like I had a flashing sign on my back that screamed "new mom!"  Needless to say, I won't ever forget that again!

Anyway, the game was really close & B's team ended up winning - of course because they're ballers.  :)

After all my drama we packed up and headed to the boat show to visit daddy.  He was pretty busy so we had to wait our turn to talk to him.
We had to pose for photos.
We even picked out Kinley's new waverunner!
Even though I love staying home and cuddling all afternoon, I also love getting out of the house with my little bear and I think she enjoys seeing new things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment