Friday, March 9, 2012

Sunday Funday

Our niece, Delaney, had a gymnastics meet in town on Sunday so we went to support her.  She is an awesome little gymnast and we love to watch her!   Our little "chipmunk" did really good even though she had an off day, but who doesn't?  I still think she did awesome!
I'm so amazed at how good she's become in the past few years and wish I could watch her more often.  Maybe she'll be teaching Kinley in a couple years :)
I feel like I brag about my nieces and nephews a lot but they're so talented AND it's my blog so I can if I want, right!? 
I know my niece Kylie (our soccer star) is an avid blog reader so I promise I'll get a soccer blog up for you sometime soon! :)
Anyway, we took a chance and took Kinley with us and she did a lot better than I expected.  She hasn't done well when there are lots of people cheering and clapping but I think she's finally getting used to it, thank goodness!

After the meet, we swung by Ryan & Courtney's house to hang out since we hadn't seen them in a while.  (It sure is hard to keep up with friends when you have a new baby but we're trying our hardest).
 
We also introduced Kinley to their super cute dog, Bentley.  Of course, K was excited to see the puppy and wanted to pull on his ears & pull his hair but Bentley was a little skeptical so he kept his distance most of the time.  haha

We ended up going to the Creek to watch the Blackhawks game and for an early dinner.  I was amazed that Kinley was still doing good but then we had a small meltdown but it's kind of expected when we've been gone for 5 hours with hardly any naps.  We enjoyed a few drinks and ate lots of good food - "our diets start tomorrow!"  Isn't that always the case!?
What a great Sunday Funday!  It might not have been as crazy as 'pre-baby' Sunday Fundays, but nonetheless, it was great to get out of the house with friends and relax!  And we learned that Kinley is becoming a lot more adaptable and easy going, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment