Thursday, March 8, 2012

She's portable

We had a few fun week nights last week that didn't consist of cooking dinner, doing the dishes, and doing laundry.  I was lazy and did NOT want to go to the grocery store and we had gift cards so last week we ate out 3 times...and I'm pretty sure I picked up pizza once, oops! haha!
I have always been told that "babies are portable" from my sister-in-laws and other mommy friends.  I believed them but I was still nervous everytime we took Kinley out to eat because there is always a chance of the inevitable breakdown.

She has actually surprised us and done really well...usually!
We met Nick, Ashely & Hadley at the Pasta House for dinner on Tuesday night since we had $130 worth of gift cards to spend before they closed that week.  We also wanted to go out one more time before baby Presley's arrival!
Kinley did SO good entertaining herself by playing with Sophie & on my phone.  It was the longest dinner ever because half the staff had quit so we gave Kinley her bottle and laid her in her carseat because she kept rubbing her eyes.  The little angel fell asleep without putting up any sort of fight - like magic!  (This definitely boosted my mommy confidence).

Thursday night we went to Lake Pointe with Jess since we hadn't seen her since Kinley came home from the hospital!  We wanted to get to dinner early since our little princess turns into a pumpkin around 8pm every night.  I guess we pushed our luck that night as she was kind of fussy throughout dinner and only wanted me to hold her.  (She's quickly becoming a mommy's girl, but I can dedicate another whole post to that subject!)

Jess & Scott finished their meals & I handed K off to Scott so I could eat.  Kinley was NOT okay with this, lol.  She let the whole restaurant know how unhappy she was - aaahhh gave me anxiety!  We tried to put her in the carseat again hoping she would go to sleep but she wasn't having that either.  Oh lord, I was slightly embarrassed!  We made a quick exit and I'm sure the other diners really appreciated it.  :)
No happy dinner picture from this night obviously

We decided to go to La Fiesta on Friday night and, once again, arrived at 5:50 for the early bird special (haha).  Thankfully, Kinley did really well that night except when she was trying to dive into my enchiladas or margarita - she knows good grub!
I'm glad that we are trying to get out more with Kinley and I'm not so nervous about it anymore.  I think I've only looked like a hot mess a handful of times when I was by myself with her and I'm sure it will happen a lot more since that just comes with the territory!  All we can do is laugh & enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment