Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hockey & Homecoming

We had lots of fun last weekend which started with attending the Rochester homecoming parade on Friday afternoon.  I normally like going to the parade to see all the kids and floats but this year was extra special!
 
Sue decided that Kinley should be in the parade with her cousins so she "walked" with the Rochester Soccer Club crew.  I thought she was a little crazy but was really excited :)
Orange & blue lining the parade route
A parade isn't complete without the band!
 
I caught the RSC float at the end before they got to the high school and it was chaos!
 
I found Kinley passed out in her stroller.  All that "walking" will wear a girl out!
Check out the tutu that Aunt Sue made for her - love it!
Brayden & Delaney posing with Kinley
 
Kinley & I picked up Aunt Cora after the parade and we swung by Panera on the way to Scott's hockey game.
This girl LOVES her food, especially mac n cheese!
 
Scott was playing in the tournament to raise money for Danielle Loftus and Caring Bridge. I'm sure most people know that Danielle was involved in a devastating wave runner accident a few summers ago. Scott has played hockey with her dad for years so participating in events like this are really special.
Terrible picture of Scott but it's the only one I had on my phone.
 
After the game Scott decided to teach Kinley how to be a real hockey fan and bang on the glass.  She learned quickly how much fun it is and was hitting the glass and waving in no time!
Daddy's girl
 
[Side note:  We got home late that night so I knew after a long day with hardly any naps, Kinley would sleep immediately!  It's hilarious how wrong I was!
 
She was overtired and would NOT give in so she played in her crib from 8-9:15 and then the meltdown began - her bedtime is 7:45/8:00.  She didn't want held or rocked or put down, nothing made her happy...Finally, after listening to her sob until 10pm, I decided that this preggo mama was driving to Steak N Shake for a milkshake!  And wouldn't you guess, she was asleep before we left our lane.  What.a.night!  (Of course, I didn't make Scott come home because it was a special weekend with his hockey buddies but boy does he owe me).]
 
Scott had 2 more games on Saturday but Kinley and I decided to do a little shopping with my mom, dad, & Cora that morning.
 
We were looking for gifts for Ava so, naturally, Kinley had to try everything out first.  And she may or may not have gone home with 2 out of the 3 toys shown below...
In my defense, grandma bought them for her house!  :)

Scott won his game that morning so Kinley & I ran home to get in a quick nap before his next game.
 
Delaney came to the 2nd game after gymnastics so we had more entertainment!  Can you guess whose lap Kinley wanted to sit on?
Scott won his 3rd game and played for 3rd/4th place on Sunday.  They ended up winning & taking 3rd, yea!

Normally, Scott has hockey on Sunday nights so we took advantage of his night off and went to Lake Pointe for dinner.  Kinley LOVED coloring while we waited!
I'm laughing as I post this because Kinley has a blue bow in her hair with a pink & black outfit but I didn't notice that day...?  Ha, I'm losing it!

Anyway, we had a super fun, busy, and exhausting weekend so I'm ready for a lazy fall weekend at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment