Friday, December 9, 2011

Festival of Trees 2011

On the 23rd Kinley & I went to the Festival of Trees with Sue, Kylie, Delaney, & Brayden.  I try to go every year to see the festive trees and was excited to start taking Kinley as our little tradition.  The line to see Santa was pretty long so we decided to wait and see if got shorter before we left. 
There's a kids craft station at the festival where you can make potholders with the kids handprints on them.  Sue asked if I wanted to do one for Kinley and I kind of gave her an "uummm, I don't know about that" kind of look.  She decided that we needed to do one as a keepsake and said that a slight look of terror came over my face, ha!  We did one hand and one foot & when it was done I was really glad we did it!  Kinley only cried a little when we were washing her off so it was fine.  It's good that I have a veteran mommy to show me the ropes. 
Santa's line had dwindled so I knew that I wanted Kinley's picture with him but we had to bribe K, B, & D to be in a picture with her.  We did one with the cousins and one with Kinley by herself - she did great!  I'm sure it won't be so easy when she gets older.
4 of the 7 cousins
I kind of like this guy!
We grabbed some gingerbread cookies and went to meet my sisters and mom at La Fiesta for dinner.  We got some margaritas and were having a nice time when my mom started laughing.  She noticed that Kinley's bib (that my mom bought) said "My First Christma" ...no S.  Hahaha, we couldn't believe that we had walked around the Festival of Trees the whole time and no one noticed it!  It's even worse that I didn't notice it when I dressed her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment