Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

We were so excited to share Kinley's first Thanksgiving but I will admit that I was a little nervous about how she was going to do with such a busy day.  I told Scott that I wanted to do 3 things that weekend that would become our "traditions"...along with a million other people in America I'm sure.  I wanted to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while we got ready to go to lunch (which we always did at my house), watch Home Alone that evening (just because I love it), and put up Christmas decorations the day after.  Well, 1 thing got accomplished - watching the parade.  We were exhausted by the time we left Scott's parents so no Home Alone that night.  The next day Scott put the lights up outside at Kinley's request (haha) but I didn't get anything accomplished inside.  I guess that's life with a 2 month old! 
Most of the girl cousins 
Amanda (Ava's mommy) & Kinley
We always do lunch with my extended family first and I was so excited because family from Texas was coming in town and my cousin Amanda was bringing her baby girl Ava (born just a few weeks after Kinley)...and of course I was happy to see the rest of the family as well!
Hanging out with daddy
Aunt Beth getting her Kinley fix 
We had to get a new daddy picture with Tim & Scott like we did at the hospital when we attended lamaze together.  They sure love their girls!
We ate too much like always and headed home around 3:30 so I could get more food made for dinner at Scott's parents at 5:00.  Normally, this is where we would sneak in a quick nap to recharge for the next round - not so much anymore.
Watching everyone with Aunt Cora 
We arrived around 5:00 and had a small thanksgiving celebration - probably the smallest Tucker get together we've had in a long time!  It was only the Tuckers, Jones', us, & the Watkins but it was nice to catch up and relax.  Everyone loved their Kinley time!
Laney, Kinley, Kylie 
B-man playing his video game!
Pretty girls 
Love these kiddos!
It was so nice to take time to reflect on the things we're really thankful for in life.  Our amazing and supportive families, stable jobs that provide for our growing family, and obviously our newest addition, Kinley!  (Oh yeah, and our puppies!)

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment