Friday, March 8, 2013

Bump Watch 2013: Week 34

Holy moly.  We have less than 6 weeks until we meet little sister!  I've crossed a few things off my to do list but for every one that I accomplish, I add three more.  That's kind of a problem.
 
Believe it or not, I'm really not too stressed about it.  I think I've had to adopt that attitude or I would be in the psych ward - I'm choosing to go with the flow.  I also know that baby #2 will be in our room for the first few months so Kinley's new room and the nursery don't really have to be complete in 6 weeks.
 
I had been sleeping pretty well but a few days ago I decided to dwell on something that doesn't really matter...Kinley needs a swing set!  Yes, it hit me one night at 3am that we'll be spending a lot of time at home from April through June and we need to have something to do outside.  It was important enough that I had to tell Scott when he rolled over, even though he claims that I woke him up!  ;)  I laughed about it the next morning but you better believe that my "possible to do list" got a little longer.
 
Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good.  I'm definitely having more pain than I did with Kinley so maybe things are progressing?!
 
I had my 34 week appointment on Tuesday and everything looks great.  After my next appointment in 2 weeks, I'll start going every week.  It doesn't seem real that we are that far along already!  Crossing my fingers for a little progress!
 
We got a few pictures this morning & I LOVE them because Kinley is showing us where the baby is, what a sweet big sis.  (I'm also so annoyed that I didn't get my camera out so we just have some crappy phone pics).
Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How far along: 34 weeks

Size of baby: 17.7 inches & 4.7 pounds, the size of a butternut squash.

Total weight gain/loss:  20+ pounds.

Maternity clothes: Love.them. But I'm very excited to buy non-maternity spring & summer clothes!

Gender: It's a GIRL! Who may or may not have a name...it depends on the day.

Movement: She moves like crazy!  All of those flips make me lose my breath and sometimes stop me in my tracks.

Sleep: As good as I can hope for with some hip pain.

What I miss:  Doing anyting with ease.  I'm finally at the really uncomfortable stage of pregnancy.

Cravings:  Thai food, lunch meat sandwiches, and pickles.

Symptoms: Lots of pressure pushing down since she's dropping.  I also have what I like to call "LC" which I didn't get until 36 weeks plus with Kinley - ouch!  I think my ankles are looking slightly swollen, too.

Memorable moment for the week:  Going to the doctor and hearing little one's heartbeat.  Also, setting up my remaining 5 appointments - hopefully I won't be at the appointment on April 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment