Thursday, November 29, 2012

14 Months Old

Since these monthly posts are hard to keep up on, I'm going to combine this with my leftover November pictures that never made the blog.  Two birds with one stone - but it might get confusing with picture captions and lots of rambling, I apologize in advance.
 
So what have you been up to lately, Kinley?
Thought it was pretty funny that your carseat was in the house.
You're finally walking!  After your 13 month "birthday" you took your first series of steps and you've been practicing ever since.  You run around the coffee table with one hand and bravely walk from the table to your car or toys.  Usually it's only 5 steps and then you'll fall to your knees to crawl but you're getting more daring every day! 
Making a silly face eating a whole sandwich
I held off on calling you a "walker" but I think it's safe to say that you're basically there.  You've walked across the room a few times and you hold onto any wall or object that's around so you can stay upright.  I'm sure in the next week or two it will totally click and you'll be a full time walker - yikes!
Daddy found a frog in the garage & you said Ooooohhh
You are also quite the daredevil and I swear you get that from your daddy!  You love crawling up on your rocking chair, standing backwards, and rocking as hard as you can.  Needless to say, you've been hearing 'no no' a lot lately.  You also like trying to go down the stairs by holding the rail or the wall instead of going "safe way."
Who doesn't mow the carpet on their knees?
You have 4 teeth on the top & 4 on the bottom and we even found that a molar started popping through a few weeks ago!  You love to act like you're brushing your teeth.
Pulled the ads off the table & fell asleep in your nest.
You've taken a bigger interest in the dogs and like to tell them no-no when they bark.  I even caught you hitting their head and saying it...oops!  (Maybe I need to quick swatting at them when they're annoying).
This happened at 9pm one night when daddy was gone.  Your bedtime is at 8pm.  Fun times.
You're really enjoying music class and have finally started to warm up.  You even got off my lap when we were using instruments and crawled over to the mom & baby sitting next to us.  This is huge, people!  You're teacher still likes to say that you're the super serious one but we got a smile and giggle out of you a few times!
Bed.head. Hilarious.
 Your vocabulary is still kind of the same as last month, no new major words lately.  You love saying mamamama when you're playing or when you're crying and I swear you say the word "more" 123,082,342 times a day!  We've even heard you say it in your sleep so it's pretty hilarious!  Sometimes I catch you trying to repeat what we say by practicing your "s" and "t" sounds.
Helping grandpa open his birthday presents
 I'm starting to wish that I had kept you in 12 month clothes longer because all the 18 month outfits are still too big.  You're still in size 4 diapers so no major change in your height or weight.
Riding my bouncy horse from the 80's (you aren't a fan yet).
 You're such a little lovey and love to snuggle.  Sometimes when you're really tired you'll pat me or daddy's back and sing aaahhhaahh...  It's too sweet.
Daddy told you this was ok, not my fault.  ;)
 I've heard people say that every stage was their favorite and I totally agree.  Just as soon as I think you're doing the cutest, most awesome thing, you do something totally new the next week and you've impressed me even more!  I know I'll regret saying this but I can't wait until you use your words to communicate more so we know exactly what you want.  But for now, pointing and head shakes/nods are working just fine.

We love you, big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment