Saturday, December 1, 2012

Festival of Trees

We visited the Festival of Trees on Friday after Thanksgiving.  It's another one of our Christmas season traditions that I love!  There are tons of decorated trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses that are all themed.  This years theme was Jingle Bell Rock.
 
I loved the bright colors and chevron walls in this display so we had our little munchkin pose for a quick photo op.
I promise she smiles sometimes...
 
Gracia Harrison (from Girard, IL) was on Blake Shelton's team on the Voice this season and she was performing.  The Voice is one of the only shows that Scott will watch with me so we both thought it was pretty cool to see her in person!
 
Kinley & her cousins - they were decked out for the State Championship football game that afternoon.  (In case you're curious, Rochester won the game & the State 4A title for the 3rd year in a row!)
 
Kinley rode the train for the first time:
The girls said she was waving and clapping so I'm sure she loved it!
Brayden hanging out behind the girls cracks me up - Mr. Cool.
 
We also enjoyed Gingerbread cookies and sat on Santa's lap.  I had already mentally prepared for a Kinley breakdown but we HAD to try.  These sequences make me laugh out loud (left to right, top to bottom).
1.  Kinley is clueless  2.  Her first Santa sighting
3.  Kylie, help!!  4.  That guy is really scary!

5. Kylie, I can't believe you would do this to me!  6.  Let me look at him one more time...
7.  Yep, still scary & you're taking pictures?!  8.  I'm just going to cry.
And if that wasn't enough torture for the poor child, I needed to get a picture by herself, too.  Fortunately, I knew she couldn't handle sitting on his lap again so I just held her next to him and she was still terrified.  Is it bad that we all got a little laugh out of it?

Later that evening I was going through our Christms decor and found Kinley's potholder that we made at the F.O.T. last year.  Oh what a difference a year makes...  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment